WillR

mac davis wrote:
The wife and I went to the "Vintage Show" (crafts fair) this weekend, cuz my
neighbor went the day before and reported "there is one booth (out of about 400)
with turned bowls there and his stuff is just like yours... a little bigger, but
the same quality, and his prices are between $30 and $200!"

The guy was an ARTIST..

The more that good work is shown, the more it advances the situation for
all craftspeople. I think that is clear after reading all the posts.

My hat goes off to the Swedish Turner and all like him who show artists
quality work and the best that can be done. It makes it easier for
people to understand and buy our work in the future.

Another good point was that about "baubles". Once people buy one item --
they will buy more (IME) -- so take lots and sell them -- and if they
are good enough make sure your name is on them. Maybe you will see them
again one day in the home of a new friend or acquaintance. Maybe you
will not sell that person more, but a fellow turner might, and vis versa.

Also -- when people see stuff they like in the home of a friend -- it
primes them to buy a similar item. (So sell, sell sell --- and enjoy
yourself doing it :-) )

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek