Keith Marshall

Something like this might work:

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/prod...4BLY209.2.html

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...StepBars03.asp

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"Koz" wrote in message
Just got an F150 4wd extended cab that is a little higher than what I used
to drive. I need to add some running boards/steps.

The problem is the "wife to be" has rheumatoid arthritis which makes the
climb a little difficult at times. Looking around at commercially
available steps and running boards, it seems that you gain only about 4
inches in reduced step height. This may be a little too high still on the
"bad" days.
Anyone know of a brand that hangs a tad bit lower than the others?
Dropping a good 6 inches would be nice and would still be only slightly
lower than the frame (I don't intend to need super high clearance for off
road stuff)

*metalworking content* I could fab my own but I'm not sure it's worth the
hassle consdering the bolt-ons available (assuming I can find a slightly
lower set). The other option is modifying a mount spacer to make an off
the shelf unit sit a little lower. Anyone built their own or have any
comments on the mount/system to lower the step up? I'd love to use a
lineal actuator to make a lowering step but I think that's a project that
would never get past the planning stage due to time. RV versions of this
tend to be a little spendy and will probably be a bit of a hassle to
mount.

Koz