Gary Brady

Karl Vorwerk wrote:
I have to remove remove some mastic from a concrete floor where there were
vinyl tiles. Is a hot air gun enough or do I need my propane torch. Are
solvents a good idea?
Second problem:
Mastic again. This time on a concrete wall that is probably going to be
painted. What's the best way to prep for painting?
Thanks
Karl

Many tool rental places have a tool called a scrape-away tool, a
circular scraping attachment which fits a floor buffer. It has steel
blades that ride at an angle on the concrete and scrape the mastic off.
You can get more done with one of these things in 45 minutes than hot
air, sanders or solvents combined. I've used this gadget a number of
times and it's always been a labor saver. It may be called a different
name in your locale, but describe it to the rental houses and you should
be able to find it.

Gary Brady
Austin, TX