DeepDiver

Default Harbor Freight 2 ton shop crane

"Ignoramus7702" wrote in message
I brought one home today, partially assembled it and put in my
truck. Hopefully, I could use it tomorrow. Some impressions.

1. It is built sturdily.

Which model did you buy: did you get the foldable crane (#35915)?

What is the max lifting height with full boom extention?

2. It is missing a bunch of hardware (split washers, plain washers).

You might want to eventually replace most of the hardware with quality parts
anyway.

3. At least one caster will have limited range of turning due to bolts
being slightly too long.

Easily fixed.

5. Most of it can be stored outdoors.

I'd grease it well and cover with a waterproof tarp to minimize rust. Of
course, the ram should stay indoors (in the fully retracted position).

7. I do not like the way the leg extensions are secured by bolts
pushing on them when tightened (as opposed to what I would prefer,
through bolts).

I suspect this may be to allow continuous setting positions. But I agree,
it's flimsly and they tend to come loose in action. Of course, it's trivial
to drill your own set of adjustment holes.

I have no idea how well does the ram operate, however, without load,
it does properly work.

One problem I've found on some (not all) Chinese hydraulic rams is that they
seep oil around the release screw. Annoying, but doesn't affect operation.

I will see if positives outweigh the negatives, tomorrow.

Let us know. Btw, what price did you get it at? Their Web site lists the
model 35915 at $199.99. But I know they often have them on sale in the
stores.

Regards,
Michael