Robert Allison

montana wildhack wrote:

On 2005-03-18 17:30:01 -0500, Robert Allison said:

My point in all this is that if you are a homeowner that wants a good
contractor, you need to show a little patience.

* What do you consider a "little" patience? Two years to finish a job
because the guy you hired to do your scheduling was completely clueless?

I was patient with you whenever I called you directly to ask you why you
tore up my ceiling and didn't come back for six months and patient when
you promised me the work would get started right away. I was patient
when your employee called me during that time to tell me that your crews
might get started next week.

I was really happy with your subs. They did beautiful work. We got along
famously, as well. I finally called them directly and worked as my own
contractor. I purchased all the materials for the job and had them ready
in sequence. I finally scheduled the job and brought in the inspectors
as they were needed, even though your guy didn't want to pull permits He
didn't care that a city councilman lives across the street, that both my
husband & I serve on city boards or that we prefer to do the "right" thing.

I was happy you were patient with me when I told you why I wasn't going
to be paying you the full amount of the job because after the subs got
paid, your company didn't actually provide me with any service (or work).

You may be a great guy with a great reputation, but you nearly drove us
insane. Oh, we did take pictures of the hole in our house, added a small
explanation of the story and we did mail them out as cards to 200 of our
closest friends. We didn't use your name, but our friends feel free to
call us for a recommendation.

*This post is not about the Original Poster. It is about a different
contractor from a different state.

Then why are you directing it at me?

You obviously did NOT have a GOOD contractor.

Sheesh! What a maroon!

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.