Alexander Litvin

Ralph Mowery wrote:

Probably, stupid question: where does one buy ground cheaply?
And I mean just ground, not soil. That is, what kind of
contractor/firm should I look for?

The reason I'm asking is that I contacted couple of landscaping
contractors, but their prices (about $1000 -- and I need about
one truckload) -- seems expansive for just loading a truck with
dirt and dumping it on my backyard.

The reason we need that is because of dipping we have on our
backyard which tends to fill with water after even a moderate
rain.

Any ideas where one can get that stuff cheaply?

You should be able to get the dirt for just about the price of hauling it.
Around 50 to 100 dollars a load if all they do is come out and dump it.

Right. Only question is where to find it. Probably should just
drive around to see if anybody's digging something.

Just about last fall somebody put a new house on the corner
of our street and they had a lot of spare ground after digging
basement. Should have thought about that at the time -- they
even drove past our house when removing it...

---
Signature has been removed to save disk space.