wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks Steve no need to do all that work I just thought there was a way
to give a rough idea.

Not really..that is why a legitimate contractor will take the extra couple
of hours and size one right....do the work, and do the math.

As for my cycle rate, I know that the tstat has a "built in compressor
protection" feature built in it per the manual. Is this what you were
referring to?

Thats part of it..its a built in break on make timer.
That means, lets say, you come home, and the wifes had it up to 75, and the
unit JUST shut off as you head for the stat thinking...DAMMIT..she has it
TOO high AGAIN, and you go and turn it down to 70, the unit will NOT come on
right away. The blower might start, but the compressor will be delayed up to
7 minutes.

Also some people have advised to upgrade to the VisionPro in order to
control the cycle rate, but according to HW my Tstat is set to a
standard cycle rate of 3 but can still cycle more based on all the
other factors involved. So even if I upgraded (to the visionpro) and
was able to change the cycle rate to 3 what's the point if it can still
run more cycles then that, or am I misunderstanding something?

Umm..ok..keeping it real simple..thats an anticipation device..an algorithm
that is programmed in.
You can have it set on 2, and it still cycle 6 times..depends on more
factors than just the anticipation factor dialed in.

Thanks again,
Felix