MTLnews

Most Moen stuff (built after the mid 90's) is guaranteed for "life".
Actually so is Delta.
If it is the Cartridge, you can remove it, and if it is something your local
HomeDept carries, they will usually give you a new one in exchange free of
charge.
Otherwise, like Doug mentioned, Moen will usually ship you a new one for
free if it is the cartridge which is defective.

Is it a single handle faucet, or 2 separate (one cold and one hot) ? If it
is a single, it is usually the cartridge (or just the set screw has come
loose on the handle maybe ? ). 2 handle style, and both (hot and cold)
don't work, then I'd say it is some gunk stuck in the front filter mesh.
Time to open up and clean it.

Good Luck.
-Tony

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Senin" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Moen Kitchen Faucet (I think Colonnade #INS112). I was
running water yesterday when all of a sudden the water just stopped. I
checked the water throughout the house. Everything worked except the
faucet. Something is obviously wrong with the faucet. I think there
is a screw up, underneath to get at the faucet and I just don't have
the wrench to get to it. Does anyone have any experience with this
type of problem with Moen? Should I just get a plumber? And should I
buy a replacement faucet, just in case the plumber says I need a new
one, so I can let him replace it?

Thanks

Begin by calling Moen. They're unbelievably helpful, and if they think you
have a defective cartridge*, they'll probably send you a new one for free.

*In a Moen faucet, the cartridge is the thing that controls the water

flow.
You can buy them at any Moen dealer, but speak to Moen first.