Bob G.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:31:21 GMT, Red CloudŽ
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 02:31:22 -0500, Richard J Kinch wrote:

Red CloudŽ writes:

It gets almost daily use for about 5
months a year, by a number of people.

That's an exceedingly rare level of usage.

Every other house here in SE Florida has a pool, and the most common number
of swim sessions per year is zero.

I'm in New England, the land of steady habits. It isn't rare at all here.

rusty

====================
You either like a pool or you do not like a pool....

I installed my own 20x40 foot pool using a kit in 1973... fiberglass
walls, only 2 inch thick concrete bottom..... Total cost was under
$6000 including the rental of a backhoe which took a few ours to
figure out how to use.. (lol)...

Pool is on its 3rd liner... also self installed with the aid of a good
size shop vac....and I have replaced the diving board as well as the
plastic steps on the ladders...

The $1000 a year cost figure stated honestly is a little high in my
own case but given the prices I have heard today to have a pool
company come in and install a pool well to be honest 1000 a year may
be low... Chemical costs alone will be 3-4 hundred dollars a year..

I live in Maryland 65 miles north west of Washington DC and I do get
to float around (not swin) in my pool form the end of May thru the
middle of September thats about 5 months.... I am retired and
you can usually find me floating in the pool ,reading the evening
paper smoking a cigar with a Bloddy Mary at my side most evenings...

Cheap form of relaxing in my opinion... but then again I did not pay
30K for the pool

Just my opinion...
If I ever did it over My pool would be 4- 5 foot deep almost flat
bottom no diving board, no ladders... and equipted with bar stools...

Bob Griffiths