Walter R.

Thank you for your generous offer, Jeff. Problem is, that would leave me
without water for several days or weeks. My wife will be pretty unhappy if
she has to refill the toilets by hand from the irrigation system.

I'll just sweat on male adapters and screw on new hose bibs.

Have a great day :-)

--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
news
BobK207 wrote:
Walter -

You might be able to drill & easy-out the screws.

Without replacing the washers, these faucets won't work very well.

Or just bite the bullet & sweat a male pipe adapter on so you can
easily change the faucet in the future.

Like Alan I often use threaded ball valves., they're great for use with
a hose but suck for hand washing.

cheers
Bob

It would be difficult to easy-out screws that small, particularly brass.

But if you have access to a lathe it you can easily chuck up those stems,
drill out the stubs of the old screws with the tap drill for the present
size screws and run a tap down the hole. That will probably give you good
enough threads to hold a new screw of the same size.

If not, there's probably room to use a tap drill for the next size screw
up from what's there now.

You'll probably need new stem packing too, but that's easy to get.

If you wanna send just the stems to me I'll be happy to do the machining
work for you gratis. Just e-mail me directly.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)