Joseph Meehan

April Buro wrote:
I just moved into a new house. I believed the past owners were
smokers. New paint and carpet has taken care of most of the smell but
I figured a duct cleaning might help.

The Duct Cleaning Tech came to me a few minutes after he started.
He was all worked up. Said he found some "spores and mold" and all it
took was just one spore. Having seen the King Of The Hill episode
several times I could hardly contain my laughter.
I knew it wouldn't take him long to get to the money part and he
didn't disappoint me.
He had 3 different treatments he could do to make my home safe.
Each treatment was $100 a pop.
Which was best?
Well, that didn't matter, as long as I used 2 different treatments I
would be safe.
When he described what he could do, it sounded so much like King of
the Hill I started to tear up. And that go me one free disinfection
treatment.
I told the guy that I didn't need any other treatment because my house
was going to be tented and sterilized to treat the Mexican Blood Mite
infestation I had in my house.( I was having fun at his expense I
know).

But the bottom line is now I'm thinking I probably shouldn't have even
gotten the ducts cleaned. It cost me $65 and they did
"something" for a few hours.

What is the general opinion on duct cleaning?

AB

My opinion: There is a legitimate need in a few cases. Most cases
don't need it. Most duct cleaning outfits will find a need almost every
time.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit