wrote in message
ups.com...
I have just installed the honeywell RTH8500D Tstat.

The first thing I have noticed is that thet tstat tursn on much more
often that my old analog tstat. Is this normal? And is this bab for
my system? I have a heat pump with air and aux heat.

Thanks,
Felix

Did you go into the installer setup,0170, and set your algorithm to 7?
If not, its wrong. 7 is for a dual stage heat pump..what you have.
How about setup 0530? Is it on 1, or 0?
0 is the AR, or adaptive recovery mode. Its going to take 6 to 9 days for
this to adjust itself properly and will create some odd run times until it
learns how your system reacts to your home.

Also keep in mind that this stat, unlike your old one, has a 1F
deadband...not a 2-4F deadband. its going to run more, but use less power to
maintain your homes temps.
Its not going to hurt a thing.