Goedjn

If you dont mind, why are you considering this? I mean....most people do not
want a mobile home style roof jack on their home.

Largely because my masonry chimney is loosing bricks, and
I can't seem to get any professional to do more than
come look at it and say "wow, that's bad"...

I may decide to just rebuild it myself, since the stainless
metal chimneys, while easier, don't appear to actually
be CHEAPER than a masonry chimney, except for the
labor. And since it looks like I'll have to do it myself
anyway, that matters less than it might.

Basically, at the end of this month, I shut the
furnace off, cut a hole in the roof, tear down about 11' of
chimney down through the attic, and staple a tarp over
the hole. I then have until late october to get something
up that costs me less than $7,000 and lets me run the
furnace again.

--Goedjn