"stretch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Steve,

I agree only partly. Heat Controller is a solid unit/brand, better
than Goodman. No frills. Kind of like a Suturn/Chevy. Lennox and
Trane and York are like a Cadilac. Carrier - in between I think, but
getting better again. Carrier had quality problems for a while, but
improving. I'm in Myrtle Beach, SC. Climate and salt air tough on
everything here. I use Heat Controller dehumidifiers and have had no
problems with them. But I'd rather have a Lennox. That is what I have
now, 16 year old Lennox Heat Pump. When I get a new one, it will be a
Lennox again. Reliable, efficient, quiet, easy to service, resistant
to salt air corrosion.

Stretch

I don't want to get into a ****ing match with you, but you really prefer
Lennox?
if you don't mind my asking, why? My experience with them has been that the
boards in them suck. Particularly on the 90% gas fired units...there seems
to be one resistor that loves to explode on the board and puts a nice little
hole in the middle taking out half the printed board....

Also, since you are at the Grand Strand..(we are licensed to do work in
SC..most of its in York county ironically enough) I have a company that you
should look into for coil coatings for total corrosion resistance. Also..I
have to find the link, but there is an independent company that tests the
big 4 units for corrosion resistance in Wilmington, and as I recall, York,
and Lennox survive that environment well. Carrier and Trane failed quickly
due to the coil design. I only offer the Tranes now simply due to consumer
demand and the ability to get a break on the parts....talk about proprietary
hell...lol