Ron Tock

HotRod wrote:
1) I have an electric motor, I think it's 1/2 horse, that runs my Band Saw.
Right now it has two sets of pulleys so that I can either change the belt to
fast or slow. I'm wondering if it's possible to add a switch to the power
supply so that I can dial in the speed of the motor? Is it possible to use a
light dimmer switch or will I just kill the motor. Any ideas? I change up
between sheet metal and wood a lot and it would be a lot easier to just dial
down the speed for the 2 minutes I'm cutting the sheet metal.

It won't hurt the motor but it will probably burn up a light dimmer
switch. Try to find something heartier.