Ed Clarke

On 2005-04-15, HotRod wrote:
1) I have an electric motor, I think it's 1/2 horse, that runs my Band Saw.
Right now it has two sets of pulleys so that I can either change the belt to
fast or slow. I'm wondering if it's possible to add a switch to the power
supply so that I can dial in the speed of the motor? Is it possible to use a
light dimmer switch or will I just kill the motor. Any ideas? I change up
between sheet metal and wood a lot and it would be a lot easier to just dial
down the speed for the 2 minutes I'm cutting the sheet metal.

You'll kill the dimmer first, then the motor.

If you want speed control, go to eBay and buy a three phase replacement motor
and a three phase speed control for it. Be sure the three phase controller has
single phase input.

--
This signature left blank.