John

Default Carrier Infinity noisy??

Hello group..
Hoping some of the AC guys are listening in.
Have a brand new house with a Carrier Infinity system. We moved in last
November so just now getting to use the air conditioning. One thing I have
noticed is when the compressor turns on, it seems to make a substantial buzz
(compressor sound, not like a relay or contactor) and as the pressure goes
up, it goes down quite a bit..I may have been spoiled with my Lennox HS21 in
my old house, but that one you could barley hear but the condensor fan..It
seems to cool well and as mentioned, it quiets down about 15 seconds after
starting up but that initial startup about made me jump out of my skin! (I
was doing some landscaping nearby)
Just wanted to check to see if they are a bit noisy, if this is normal...

Thanks!

John