Doug Miller

In article , (Chris Lewis) wrote:
According to Doug Miller :
In article ,

(Chris Lewis) wrote:

It seems to me that if the circuit has an open neutral, the GFCI test button
wouldn't trip it, but the standalone tester _would_ trip it.

But the plug-in tester showed everything correct, and 120V appliances plugged
into the GFCI recep operate normally. This would eliminate an open neutral.

If the plug-in tester showed that the hot, neutral and ground were on the
right prongs, it can trip the GFCI, and two prong devices act normally,

Yes, yes, and yes.

then I'm totally stumped.

Me too.

Oh, waitasec, are you sure you got the load and line wires the right way
around? I think you said it was the dead-end of the circuit - no feedthru,
you're _sure_ the power feed is on the "line" side?

Absolutely certain. The unit ships from the factory with yellow tape over the
load terminals, and I did not remove the tape. I also verified that the
terminals that I connected the wires to were labelled "LINE".

--
Regards,