Joseph Meehan

Michael Baugh wrote:
Important part of Joseph's comment is the part about good quality.
Styrofoam breaks down, although faster in the South.
So insulation needs to not be an integral part of the door.
And I'm not impressed with the door being insulated
if the rest of the garage isn't.

In the OP case I don't think thermo insulation is an issue. I noted the
Styrofoam as most of the better quality doors have it, although it is
covered. I might add that in the heat of the south, it may break down
faster and that could become a problem I had not considered.

Even if thermo insulation is not needed the foam does add better sound
control both through the door and from the door.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Based on personal experience I would choose a good quality metal
door. That generally means insulated.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit