Doug Miller

In article , John T. Howard wrote:
I've always heard that you should not burn pressure treated lumber,
but never why. Now I have a large pile of PTL that I have to burn or
pay to plant in the landfill. What is the reason not to burn?

Burning it releases the chemicals that were used in treating it into the air.
If you breathe the fumes, it's not good for you. Older PT lumber used CCA
(chromated copper arsenate); burning that crap releases arsenic. The newer
stuff (AC2) is IIRC a chromium and copper compound, without the arsenic.
Chromium isn't as bad for you as arsenic, but it's not too good either.

Do a Google search on burning pressure treated lumber. You'll find a lot of
good information, and a little bit of hysteria.

--
Regards,