Stormin Mormon

And contributes to premature failure....

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"stretch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Doing it yourself depends on what you are doing yourself. I carry
about $7,000 in tools om my truck I also have 25 years experience
using them. Checking freon requires EPA certification. Doing it right
requires gauges, accurate thermometer and sling psychrometer as well as
manufacturer supplied charging charts for each brand of equipment. You
can't get that watching the tech unless he is a dope and doing it
wrong. Then you will learn how to do it wrong. GOOD DEAL!! Get a
competant tech to do it right. You will spend a lot more to do it
right yourself than it will cost to hire someone to do it right. Of
course if you hardly ever use it, you will not need to check it as
often. Improper charge uses more electricity and produces less
cooling. The money you save will be spent with the power company.
Better you do whatever you do well (accounting or whatever) and pay
HVAC contractor to do what he does well.

Stretch

PS I spend a lot of money on an accountant to do my company taxes. He
pays me to do his AC & Heat work. He does taxes better, I do heating &
AC better. We are BOTH better off!