Dr. Hardcrab

"hanson" wrote

I have four zones (four thermostats) running from a single boiler. I
need to remove two of the zones completely (remove all of the piping).

Should I join the "supply" and "return" for each zone, or should I cap
off "supply" and "return" separately for each zone (each loop)?

Do I need to turn off the water supply to the house to do this???

(PS: this needs to be done because an electrician is installing
baseboard heat in the those two zones)...

Ed has a good reply, but i just want to chime in with a "Me Too"...

You are going to do away with hot water baseboard and replace it with
electric???

WHY??!!!

Yes oil prices are high, but if you are changing to save money, you are
going to pay more in the long run if you are trying to heat it with electric
baseboard.