John

"Pedge" wrote in message
I'm after a pair of Flexible Tap Tails for a monoblock kitchen sink lever
tap. The question I have is that I have found 2 different types of sizes
on
sale at either Screwfix.com or Toolstation.com, these are 15mm x 10mm and
15mm x 12mm.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...ors/d20/sd2807

Would anybody know how the measurement is made for the actual connector to
the tap? If measuring the diametre of the thread then it's 12mm where I
would require a 15mm x 12mm but i'm not entirely sure how it is done as
the
tap purchased from MFI has no specs.

My local plumbers merchants weren't too helpful so would appreciate any
tips on the above.

Thanks

It is the diameter of the threaded holes on the underside of the tap body
you are intrested in. You need to know the ouside diameter of the thread,
which is not easy to measure. One way would be to see if you can get a 10
and 12mm bolt and see which one fits. You can get a measurement from the
thread of the copper tails that presumably came with the tap, or take your
tap down to your local B&Q and see which one fits and then either buy the
tails there or save money and get them from Screwfix!

HTH

John