Ed Huntress

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:43:34 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Because you have nothing to show for all of those lives, Gunner, except

for
your pride.

My pride? I find it interesting you snipped so much of the post. Let
me correct that for you.....

I snipped your post because you snipped the part about the tens of thousands
of people, including over 1,000 Americans, we sent to their deaths so that
Iraqis would have a choice of voting for Shiite Islamists or Sunni
Islamists. You seem to have lost sight of the question and you need to
re-focus.

Seems to me, that we have a lot to show for it, Ed.

"It" is tens of thousands of lives. How do you think their families feel
about it? 'Glad we came and killed off their brothers, sisters, mothers, and
fathers?

And I left out the
part where 25,000,000 Iraqis are now free to persue rebuilding their
nation in a democracy, free from a mad dictator who considered his
people simply expendable pawns to further his own power and fortune.

Hot damn. They'll be singing La Marseillaise before you know it.

Seems like a lot to me. But then..I never spent time under a bridge
groked out of my skull on pot and playing at being a hippie..

You were too busy diving for dinner in a dumpster, with your feet up in the
air and your head down among the rotten turnips. g

I was too busy shedding my blood for my country. Odd how that tends
to put a different outlook on life. No?

I'm sure glad you beat those commie heathens for us, Gunner. If you hadn't
won that war, we'd probably be drinking vodka Martinis instead of gin
Martinis now, and who knows what else.

--
Ed Huntress