Shawn

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:15:50 -0400, "Shawn" shawn_75ATcomcastDOTnet

wrote:

"Tom Miller" wrote in message
When you say "radial", I take it to mean that you want a piston

compressor
with a number of cylinders radial to the crankshaft. The rest of the

group
appear to think "centrifugal".

I'm actually picturing a Nash type water ring compressor.

Shawn

My only experience of those is as steam turbine condenser air extraction
pumps, running at inlet pressures of 150mbar and outlet pressures of 1bar.

would expect that they could be designed for the OP's 40psi without any

major
problems. As for CFM, the ones I dealt with had 600hp motors on them... go
figure :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

http://www.nash-elmo.com/english/pdf...L_500_E_Rz.pdf

Look at the HP models. The smallest will do 80 psi, 205 CFM at 100HP.
Granted, this is way more than the OPs 3/4 horse could do, but he did ask
for ideas.

Shawn