geoff m

I have one of the "2T" folding cranes, adn it has paid for itself
twice over. I lifted all my machiens with it (Colchester Chipmaster
lathe, Denbiegh horizontal mill, Tom Senior mill (350kg) and a
Zuckermann-Wein 24" thicknesser. The thicknesser really made the boom
bend...
One problem you may have is getting enough lift, esp oon tall
machines. Don't have the machien on the hook when you try to move it -
it will tip. Use the crane for a straigh lift, drive the trailer away
and drop the machine onto skates, pipes or whatever.
Somoeone put the plans for machinery moving skates and low loaders in
the Dropboax a while back. They will be useful if you have time to
make them. Take pipes for rollers. A handwinch and some big crowbars
are useful as well.
Geoff