Dave Liquorice

On 18 Apr 2005 08:56:54 -0700, Alan wrote:

For instance, it is rated at 1KW at 12m/s - i.e. 27mph - not a wind
speed commonly found in urban areas.

Quite, we are at 1400' and exposed to the SW'lys very nicely. We do
get storms with sustained speeds in the 40 and 50mph range but normal
sustained speed is more like 15mph (6m/s ish). It's very noticeable
when you drop down into the town how much reduced the wind is.

Flipin heck I've just looked at the Techinical spec page and I quote

"Supplementary 240v - 50Hz feeding into the property via a 13amp
plug."

Feeding into! WTF... Is there no automatic protection in event of a
grid failure or maybe there is and the invertor trips out unless it
can detect grid 240v on the socket. So no nice little backup supply
which surely must be a selling point?

I'd also pay attention to the acoustic noise figures and see if you
can find out what the noise sounds like. There have been several small
modern turbines around here that I wouldn't like in my back garden or
bolted to the house vibrating the walls... And don't think it's one of
those little yacht battery top up turbines either it is 5' 8" in dia.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail