Ron Bean

Lobby Dosser writes:

Andy Dingley wrote:

IMHO, pallet wood is worthless. Maybe your pallets are better made.
Packing crates, now you're talking, but I've never seen a pallet useful
for anything more than a rabbit hutch.

This side of the pond they seem to be pretty decent. Sometimes better than
the quality of the goods shipped on them.

It varies, depending on what they were made for in the first
place. Standard-sized pallets tend to be cr*p (or beat to hell
from use), but custom-made ones are sometimes pretty good.
It pays to be selective.

I've heard that the recyclers only want the standard-sized
pallets and scrap the ones that are odd sizes-- exactly the ones
that might (or might not) have some good wood in them.

I work for a printing company, and some of the pallets that are
used to deliver paper look pretty good. We usually use them to
ship out the finished jobs, though. The bad ones sometimes fall
apart before we can use them.