Jim

"John Antoszek" wrote in message
om...

While I was sanding, I noticed that the arbor flange was not tightly
fixed to the motor shaft. I didn't notice any play in the motor
shaft. I couldn't move the flange in or out but I could, however, turn
it side-to-side (I'd say less than a 16th of an inch, just enough to
notice). I don't know how the shaft and flange are assembled - press
on, welded? With the blade installed everything feels tight and
secure but I wonder if this thing is safe. Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Usually the pulley is keyed to the shaft. You can disasembled the pulley
from the motor shaft by removing the nut from the shaft. You may need a
puller to get the pulley off.
Jim