Greg

Default Metal Shear question: Niagara

At work we just set up an older Mechanical metal shear. It is a
Niagara 1/4" capacity 8 foot model 88. So.. I call up Bliss clearing
Niagara and ask for a manual. While I am on the phone I say " Please
tell me that I am not spending $150 for 20 pages of generic safety BS
and 2 pages of documentation" the sales weasel assures me that will not
be the case. 10 days later a beutiful two inch binder arrives. 25 pages
of inapplicable warnings, 10 pages of redundant shear safety stuff and
oh yes 6 pages of part numbers and drawings, two of which are to the
wrong machine. I call them up and ask where the rest is and they say
thats it. So wise guy I am I ask whatabout the Lubrication chart,
lube specification sheet, operation instructions, maintenace
information and setup information. Not available. Next question is it a
coincedance that the only information available are the parts that you
can sell me instead of useful information? Of course not.

SORRY ABOUT THE TIRADE. Question: Since Aluminum has basically 1/2 the
shear strength of mild steel what about the shear capacity of Aluminum
on this machine? Think I need to adjust the shear blade clearance also,
I guess I will consult my manual. Right.....