carl mciver

"Scott Moore" wrote in message
| I am looking for a ladder rack for my new F350. I have been looking
| at other's racks in the parking lot. It seems like the round tube
| ones are all premade, and the square tubing ones seem to be all
| unlabeled and apparently custom welded.
|
| I want to get a rack that matches the general load capacity and
| durability I paid for in the '350. Is it a given that I have to
| go custom for that ?
|
| Thanks.

Many of the racks you see are not rated for real work, rather aimed at
some amount of looks. Look around at or for truck suppliers, many of them
sell amazingly stout racks that are beautiful. Not cheap, but stout.
I saw an aluminum one that was not only beautiful, it had movable
crosspieces that were just as stout wherever you put it, and it sort of had
a built in roll bar/headache rack that looked like it'd stop anything.
Needless to say it didn't just bolt to the top of the bed; there was some
structure that went through the bed as well, I think.