BobK207

Performance dependson the product used and the operational environment.

For coating concrete floors (when desire) I use

Rustoleum 9100 Series Industrial Mastic (weird new name for the paint)

I have painted shop, lab & garage floors.

The garage is in Mammoth Lakes, CA
WInters get abut 300+ inches, road crews use fly ash(?), no salt. My
in-laws drive their chains over it.. I have 4WD.

Painted it about 5 years ago & still looks very good. Unfilled cracks
will show up but I was concerned about filling them with something that
would pop out & spoil the paint job.

You are correct about the area outside the doors. Most epoxy is UV
sensitve, my garage faces south but has a deck that shades it from the
summer sun. It get sun about 1/2 day when the sun angles are low
(winter) & almost no direct sun in summer.
The paint is a glossy Navy Gray (other colors avavilable) & the outside
strip has turned a little chalky.

It's a two part mix, you need at least to coats to get good film
thickness. Floor prep is key. Depending on the type of old paint you
may or may not need to remove it. If you decide not to remove a test
patch would be prudent.

In another few years I will recoat using the same stuff.
Ski wax is probably my biggest concern.

cheers
Bob