Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Alan wrote:

I don't know what the previous owner put on my garage floor, but parts
of it look terrible from peeling. The worst areas are those exposed
to the outside just in front of the doors and those where the tires
sit. Does epoxy stand up to extreme cold and salt?
If I use epoxy, how much of the old paint would I need to remove and
how?

Most people don't know any better and put down wall or floor paint. That will
lift from tire heat right away. You'll need to get paint remover and get it all
off to get a good epoxy seal, but epoxy will last for 10 years or more. Snow,
cold and salt will have no effect.

If you do get snow or a lot of rain, you should consider putting a small amount
of grit in the epoxy. I like the surface very smooth, but it will be amazingly
slick when wet.