Jeff Wisnia

ares wrote:

Thanks guys;
I have a reversible cordless drill and there's probably some wood filler in
the shed I could use to build up one corner around the dowel. The stuff I
don't think is stained; the small edges seem to be veneered with something
like, uh, contac paper. Whadya know I tried drilling and the bit broke;
gotta try a new one.

A tip which is almost lost to history is that for predrilling wood for a
nail you can get by using the same size nail for a drill. just clip the
head off and chuck it in the drill.

Try it, it woiks. Just stop drilling at about half to three quarters the
length of the nail you'll be using so there's some undrilled wood left
for it to drive into.

HTH,

Jeff

--