Matthew Newton

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:59:21 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article computing.co.uk,
Matthew Newton writes:
Problem: Washing machine (Hoover SoftWave, about 8 years old) sticks in
the middle of the cycle, sometimes more than once. When it does, it is
letting water flush through the drum. This happens indefinitely until the
control is clicked around, and then continues as normal.

If the water level in the drum does not appear to be abnormally
high when this happens, I suspect the problem is that you don't
have the drain pipe clipped up high enough at the back.

Thanks to all who replied. I have not tested this yet, but I think it is
probably the case. The hose was not clipped to the back of the machine
(just running along the floor), and was also pushed right down the waste
pipe, into the water at the bottom.

I'll give it a try and see if that fixes it, before checking the
solenoids/brushes, etc. Thanks!

Matthew