Patriarch

Lobby Dosser wrote in
news:9SU8e.19290$H_5.1783@trnddc01:

Andy Dingley wrote:

IMHO, pallet wood is worthless. Maybe your pallets are better made.
Packing crates, now you're talking, but I've never seen a pallet
useful for anything more than a rabbit hutch.

This side of the pond they seem to be pretty decent. Sometimes better
than the quality of the goods shipped on them.

Another interesting source, if you can find it, is the wooden floors
from old railroad cars. A friend scored a massive amount of Mahogany
for next to nothing from an old car. Beat up, but after a couple trips
through the planer a marvelous gloat.

You can buy that grade of utility flooring from the right suppliers at
pretty cheap prices, without having it subjected to the rigors of freight
car use and abuse.

But what resource are we trying to save here? It's not like I have
unlimited funds, but my back doesn't have unlimited strength anymore, and
fuel for the truck is approaching European price points, without European
operating economies...

Would you turn any of that 'mahogany' on your lathe?

Patriarch