rhncue

Default jacob's collett chuck

I've been seeing a lot of Jacob's collet chucks on e-bay lately and I've
noticed most are LOO or LO or other mounts for particular lathes. What I'm
wondering is did they make a chuck that can be mounted to a threaded backing
plate or if these other specialty chucks can be adapted to using a threaded
backing plate. I've got a 5C collet closer mounted now but I certainly like
the idea of being able to use the much larger collets. As I have never seen
one of these chucks up close and I don't want to buy one just to appease my
curiosity I thought maybe some one on this group would be knowledgeable on
them.
Dick

--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building fine pool cues for real pool players at affordable prices.