Gunner

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:20:14 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On 17 Apr 2005 22:00:59 -0700, the inscrutable "Too_Many_Tools"
spake:

When the really BIG one comes, how safe will anyone be in southern CA?

Most. According to our old friend, Murphy, when the Big One hits,
everything East of the San Andreas Fault will fall into the Atlantic.

With the infrastructure reduced to dust, there will be many people
looking for anything and will likely be trying to take it from whoever
has it.

So if you live there, how do you prepare?

Just like the guys in Clute, TX. Stock up on food, water, batteries
and other power sources, lanterns/oil, ammo, and weapons to defend it
all. And let your neighbors know in advance that if THEY don't stock
up, too, they're not welcome at your house after (if and when) it
happens. There'll be too many strays (who _didn't_ stock up) to take
'em in without risking your own survival.

Quite true. And the hardest part will be turning away starving
children.

We'd all better go stock up before King George gets his 3rd term and
makes war with yet another pair of countries (or ten), eh? Our enemies
(foreign or domestic) could break down our infrastructure far too
easily.

You were doing so good until that first sentence. I noticed Clintons
third term went well.

Chuckle.

And yes, a very small group of intelligent and determined foes could
shut down the USA in very short order, and quite easily.

One of the minus's of living in a free and open society.

So make your own preps.

Gunner

"i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society.
----
http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke