Gunner

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:28:19 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:54:21 GMT, the inscrutable Gunner
spake:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 05:52:51 GMT, ff wrote:

The biggest recorded earthquake in the U.S. was in Arkansas and Missouri:

http://www.tuppenceworth.ie/biglife/quake.html

And according to the scientists who know..its way overdue to kick
again.

Well, scientists knew that the Earth was flat, that moving a human
body over 25mph would boil your blood, that DDT and silicone breast
implants were killing people, that humans are causing global warming,
etc, but that doesn't make any of it true.

It would be nice if ANY of that would go beyond theory and become
accurate. (I had a great time last week reading Crichton's "State
of Fear" and highly recommend it.)

P.S: My gut feeling is that the Big One is coming to the Left Coast
soon, too, but I'm not sure I moved far enough away from the fault
lines.

So listen to your gut. We here in the Shakey State, have an
infrastructure based and engineered on the fact earthquakes WILL
occur.

Those living in the New Madrid zone, have no such protections, plans
or other considerations. When she kicks again..a million people will
die.

Try to take your gut seriously..and make your own preps. No one will
do it for you, and you damned sure will not be able to depend on the
Government for help, not any time soon after an event. You will be on
your own for months at the least.

Gunner

"i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society.
----
http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke