Joseph Meehan

Walter Cohen wrote:
I've been thinking of painting my garage floor with the two part
epoxy paint system.
I have no good reason to do this other than it would spruce it up a
bit and cover up/in some of the cracks.
The floor is plain/straight cement, 45 years old. I'd haver to clean
off some of the old oil stains but that's about it.
I read on the can that it states up to 7 days drying/curing time
before vehicular traffic can be applied.

I can probably squeeze 5 days but probably not 7. Do you think this
would be a problem? Wondering if after 5 days I could put down some
wood sheets which I could drive over until the 7-8 days are up. Also
as I want to do this probably in a week or two here in NY where it
still goes down to freezing at night and mid 50's during the day, I
think the temp might lengthen the curing time so it might not be an
ideal time to do it.

Thoughts?
Thanks.
Walter

You will like the results. I am very happy I did mine.

I do suggest that Greg may well be right. I may be better to wait until
it is warmer, especially the floor temp. If it is cold it will also be damp
and that would not be good.

First above all else, read and follow ever word in the instructions and
don't skimp any step in the prep. How well it works depends on how well you
prepare the surface. It is not hard and instructions are provided. Just
follow the instructions.

I suggest later in the summer it will be warmer and it will cure faster.
I believe I waited three days before carefully putting the cars back in.
Just don't put them in after a long drive on a hot day as the tyres will be
hot and that is the problem.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit