Grandpa Koca

D'Olier wrote:

"

Sounds like the ones I installed last year. If it is, you remove the
piece of wood that is raised and lowered, and under there are some
screws, or at least that's where you attach it using plastic or lead
shields, or whatever is needed for what you're going into. That way the
screws are hidden.

Get 3-fin rubber sweep, and you'll never have a draft or moisture. The
wood acts as a thermal break.

The ones I was looking at in the store were just flat underneath. Are you
saying, if I remove the wood strip I will see screws or something underneath
it that will go through the base and into the slab? (I have a slab) What
is a 'shield'?

Thanks for the response.

Paul

Shield:
http://www.confast.com/products/lag-shield-anchor.asp
You're welcome.
--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten
My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price