m Ransley

Since heat is a big bill in your area go 94% . A 94.4% is 18% more
efficient than 80% and that is considerable. 80% units belong in
Florida. VS is nice but not as important as efficiency in heating or
Seer in AC. You say you will use AC alot, so forget 10 seer 10 will be
outlawed soon anyway and belong in Canada. 12 is ok, better 14 but
savings do not increase in a linear fashion as seer increases. Get a
chart on Seer comparisons. Trane has one in their literature online or
at Home Depot. Forget Goodman, bottom of the barrel, and get a good
instaler that does a written load calculation for you. VS is nice but if
you can`t afford it so what the main equipment is what is important.
Don`t oversize AC or it will not dehumidify. If insulation or new
efficient windows are planned within a few years be sure to use the
anticipated R value increases, I did not and oversized everything and
now I need 2 dehumidifiers in summer as AC is to big. And furnace heats
fast and short cycles, Plus smaller is cheaper.