On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:26:35 +0000,
lid (GALIER) wrote:

I recently flushed a 2 3/4 " diameter metal cap from a container down
my toilet. I tried to grab it during a flush (gross but I tried and I
guess I' too old) It is now causing a slow flush and back-up when
waste is flushed. I tried a plunger and it seems to help temporarily.
I also took off the bowl and snaked from the bottom of the toilet (wax
ring end) to the front and could figure out where it is. The hole in
the toilet bowl base seems smaller than the cap so I can't imagine it
could have gone down the drain pipe.
Any thoughts on where it is and how to remove it....
1) If it's in the toilet bowl still (Magnet, special snake?)
2) If if in the drain pipe (Magnet, special snake?)

There is a silver lining (pun intended) My thinking is the cap is
metal and will evntually rust out (Don't know when though) and will
eventually flush away (Beats plastic).
Thoughts from any master plumber or tools I might use?

Get an old fashioned mop head. Remove it from the handle.

Remove the toilet once again.

Tie a rope to one end of the mop.

Snake the rope through the toilet and then force the mop and
hopefully the lid back out. If the lid gets turned sideways it may not
work. Eventually the lid will get positioned correctly and come out.