doozer

Lobster wrote:
Steve wrote:

Does anybody have any experience of laying slabs like these? Any
advice or tips to help me survive this job would be very welcome.

As others have said, damned hard work. But I'd also add that you should
consider the real risk of permanantly damaging yourself - if you burst a
spinal disc or something, it will simply never be the same again.
Hernias are very easily acquired, too. What I'm trying to say is, if
you can possibly afford to outsource some d-i-y to a professional (who
will be well used to the work), then this is the job to choose!

David

I'm not sure I would go as far as to say that you should get someone in
to do it for you. It is very hard work but it's an easy job to work
steadily at for a long time. It really does pay to get a friend round to
help - in fact I would say if you can't get a friend to help you
probably should pay someone.