Andy Dingley wrote:
On 16 Apr 2005 15:42:18 -0700, wrote:

Is there a quick way to remove the central nipple from these,

Depends. If they're carbon steel, then levering will usually snap it
off. If they're stainless though, they're soft enough for this just
to bend. Then you need to dremel the damn thing out without damaging
the splines too much.

Tried to snap the bits off, but they were surprisingly resilient, and
the case was bending rather than the lil post. Wanted it done quickly,
so I just ground me nipples off with a dangle grinder.

thanks to all. If I dont post for a bit you'll know theyve gone septic

NT