Bob Eager

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:51:21 UTC, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

www.freeview.co.uk (Terrestrial)
http://www.home.ntl.com/icat/home (Cable)
http://www.telewest.co.uk/ (Cable)

Put the postcode in to find if services are available in your area.

P.S. They are often quite pessimistic. NTL insisted that they couldn't
provide service to my house and wouldn't accept that they did until I asked
whether that meant they wouldn't be picking up the previous resident's set
top boxes.

The freeview predictor claims that I can't get digital terrestrial either.
They appear to have failed to tell my set top box, though, which gets all
the multiplexes.

Same here. It turns out that they recommend transmitter A, which is
roughly west of here, at a distance of 40 miles, with intervening
'stuff'.

I use transmitter B (not mentioned), which is south east of here,
nearer, and is on a taller mast.

I can see that part of our town can't 'see' B at all; thus the
generalisation. The only real way is to suck it and see. We got an
almost acceptable signal with a grotty old antenna; much improved with a
new one!

http://www.diybanter.com