nospambob

Zinsser says their spray can is also dewaxed as wax plugs the nozzle.
www.homeateadfinishing.com has the history of shellac as an article that
makes an interesting read albeit fairly long.

"Hax Planx" wrote in message
.net...
woodworker88 says...

I don't know about the dewaxed or not, but I use the premixed Bull's
Eye shellac available from home depot. It is already mixed in a
factory, so they can do it much more accurately than I could ever. It
is dewaxed, and can be thinned with alcohol if necessary. It may be
hard to find in Mexico, but I bet that you can get it by mail. My
guess that the hardware store shellac might have used to be passable,
but it has probably sat there much beyond its shelf life, which is
usually only about 6 months.

Only the Bullseye Seal Coat is dewaxed, but it is found in more stores
than the regular shellac, because it isn't advertised as being shellac.
The hoi polloi wouldn't buy it if they didn't think it was a new and
mysterious concoction. It's a good bargain at about $8 a quart for a 2#
cut from a discount box store. The regular Bullseye blonde and orange
shellac is definitely NOT dewaxed.