Tom Gardner

Default Clausing drill press info

I was in need of a multi-spindle drill for a couple of operations and of
course I immediately called Joe at Autodrill. Joe taught me multi drilling
101 and quoted several solutions. So, I start looking for a drill press to
run Joe's head and found this Clausing at the used machine supermarket for
$500. Unfortunately for Joe it just happened to have a "Commander
Multi-Drill #900" 6 spindle head. (Sorry, Joe)

The drill press, model 2224, doesn't fit the current offerings from Clausing
and I'm hoping to find a manual and parts list. It has a 1.5 hp 3 ph motor
and a gear-driven feed. I'm thinking of putting the head on another drill
press and putting this one in the machine shop 'cause it is just sooo sweet!
It has a slotted oil-pan table and has to weigh 700 lbs.

Does anyone have one of these drill presses or drill heads that can share
some info? I will try to get some info from Clausing and Multi-Drill.