Proctologically Violated©®

Default Harbor Freight shop crane to list Clausing 8530 mill?

I believe I bought that one. It was the one w/ the farthest/highest reach,
non-foldable. For loading/unloading my pickup. I also bought a 2-year
warrantee on the ram, for $35. Irks me to do this, but china, donchaknow...
The ram itself is 8-ton, so they say. A lot of rams are 5 ton, which
*nec'ly* limits the reach.

Even tho it's non-foldable, I believe it un-bolts into "flatter" sections
than the foldables, which I store pretty readily under my fadal. I don't
really have the room to have it standing around, even folded.
But, occasionally I wish I had the foldable, just to spare myself the
assembly/disassembly, even tho it's quick.

It's not great, but it's OK. I believe it's bigger than Pep Boys, positive
it's bigger than the Sam's Club one (which seems much better built, is
cheaper, got a load leveler, nicer colors, but seems smaller). May want to
just look at the one at sams club. Non-swiveling front wheels, tho--see
below.

But it would be *very good idea* to use it for your first job or two w/
someone who *knows what they are doing*!!!!
I had the benefit of this, and STILL nearly dropped the goddamm lathe I was
moving on the return trip by myself! Goodeffinggawd... still gives me the
willies thinking about it. wow.....
It is *very* easy for these things to become unbalanced! Altho it's
nice/tempting to keep the "leg footprint" as small as poss, esp. in tight
spaces, you must *constantly* check the "tip-ability" of the unit w/ the
load you're carrying. Ask me....

Also, altho you could use these things by yourself, it's good to have a
second person around, for a second set of eyes, if nothing else.
Also won't hurt to ask a mach'y dealer how *they* would move a certain type
of machine. Very easy to bust things up, w/o even dropping them. And each
machine has it's own vississytudes, so don't get too confident w/ the
success of one machine, when moving on to the next. Be even *more* careful
w/ the second!

What you might appreciate about this particular unit is that the front
wheels swivel, which on most of the other units I've seen they do not. May
be no big deal, as they're proly easy enough to replace, but the swivel
action of the front wheels can be pretty important in a move. Not great
wheels, btw, but serviceable. You'll find yourself doing a lot of
kicking/shoving/cursing.

Altho my nissan pickup proly has the ****tiest v6 engine god ever put in a
vehicle (let's hope it's at least reliable!), the combo of said pickup and
hoist has saved me a fortune in rigging, and gives you permanent
versatility/mobility in setting up shop.
It's a great idea/strategy, as long as you are *very very* careful.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Ignoramus7702" wrote in message
That crane is actually $169.95 at our local harbor freight. The boom
goes 105" high.

On 18 Apr 2005 12:54:06 GMT, Ignoramus7702
wrote:
I like Richard's idea to use a harbor freight shop crane 35915

to lift a Clausing 8530 mill into a trailer. I want to hear others'
opinions about this idea.