Mark Rand

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:15:50 -0400, "Shawn" shawn_75ATcomcastDOTnet wrote:

"Tom Miller" wrote in message
When you say "radial", I take it to mean that you want a piston compressor
with a number of cylinders radial to the crankshaft. The rest of the group
appear to think "centrifugal".

I'm actually picturing a Nash type water ring compressor.

Shawn

My only experience of those is as steam turbine condenser air extraction
pumps, running at inlet pressures of 150mbar and outlet pressures of 1bar. I
would expect that they could be designed for the OP's 40psi without any major
problems. As for CFM, the ones I dealt with had 600hp motors on them... go
figure :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM